Recently we received quite a number of new staffs, and our department seemed like something big is happening. Busy like a bee and I have to be a mentor to one of them. The new comers, reminded me of my self, 10 months ago when I just started to join the company.
Thinking about how far I’ve been now (I still couldn’t brain how I can stay for 10 months in the same place), feel like wanna remind them on a few things that I used to remind myself back then :
1. Show that you’re interested as hell. Fake it until you make it.
2. Some things are better left unsaid. Think before you speak.
3. Be friendly. Always be friendly. If you don’t know how to socialize, you better learn the art of it. Show your friendliness when necessary.
4. Most importantly, be a fast learner. Learn and absorb new lessons fast. Otherwise, world will leave you behind.
5. Be confident. Show you’re vulnerable. Show people they made a correct decision to hire you and you’ll not waste the chance.
6. Be progressive. Be better. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Be afraid of not learning from them. Live your life for you not for anyone else. Don’t let the fear of being judged, rejected or disliked stop you from being yourself.
Before the list goes on and on, so I’ll put a full stop here, for now.
Have a blissful Friday everyone. Long weekend is coming!